How Much Will Breast Reduction Surgery Cost?
If you have disproportionately large breasts you may suffer from a range of medical issues as a result, including back and neck pain, poor posture and even psychological issues. Breast reduction surgery is a procedure that involves the removal of some of the excess glandular tissue, reducing the size of your breasts and alleviating the associated symptoms.
The Benefits Of Reduction Surgery
There are a number of physical and psychological problems that can affect women with large breasts, which could include the following:
- Skin problems.
- Poor Posture.
- Excessive sweating and rashes.
- Neck pain.
- Shoulder ache.
- Infections under the breasts.
- Weals or grooves on the shoulders from bra straps.
- An inability to exercise or take part in sports.
How Much Will A Breast Reduction Cost?
The cost of breast reduction surgery will largely depend on your personal situation and the clinic you choose, but this procedure typically costs £4,000-£6,000. Most clinics offer finance packages to help you spread the cost of your procedure, with many offering 0% APR finance deals, depending on your individual circumstances.
As with all cosmetic procedures you should ensure that you are fully aware with what is included in the price you are quoted, for example if it includes recovery support, aftercare and follow-up appointments etc.
What Finance Packages Are Available?
The cost of your breast reduction procedure will depend on your individual circumstances and the clinic you choose. Some examples of the finance packages available for various clinics are given below:
- Transform - Transform offer breast reduction surgery ranging from £5,300 to over £5,900 depending on the procedure available through their 0% interest free credit finance offer (a minimum of £1,000 deposit is needed).
- The Harley Medical Group - The Harley Medical group offer breast reduction surgery augmentation (prices available on request depending on the procedure) with finance deals available with a typical 9.9% APR (a minimum of £500 deposit is needed).
- Spire Healthcare - Spire Healthcare offer breast reduction surgery (prices available on request, depending on the procedure), which is available through a 0% interest free credit finance offer from First Medical Loans.
- Surgicare Medical Group - The Surgicare Medical Group offer breast reduction starting from £4,695 depending on the procedure for which payment plans are available.
Breast Reduction Surgery On The NHS
The availability of breast reduction surgery on the NHS will vary depending on the local policies in place with the clinical commissioning group (CCG) where you live. Generally you may be considered for a breast reduction if the size of your breasts is causing you physical medical problems, such as:
- Back and neck pain.
- Poor posture.
- An inability to exercise.
- Skin irritation or excessive sweating, rashes and/or infections under the breasts.
- Bra-strap grooves on your shoulders.
The first step in finding out if you qualify for an NHS breast reduction is making an appointment with your GP, who will know the criteria in place in your area. In addition to the medical conditions listed above, your local CCG may have additional criteria such as weight, smoking status and whether previous interventions (such as specially made bras) have been tried.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Some men suffer from a condition known as gynaecomastia (sometimes referred to as “man boobs”) , where the breast tissue is disproportionately large for a male body shape. There are a number of reasons behind the condition including being very overweight, rapid weight loss or hormone imbalances. If the size of your breasts has not reduced with exercise, diet or weight loss you may choose to undergo male breast reduction surgery to reduce their size.